Dedicated to Community Service
The Amherst Club, founded in 1983, includes men and women living or working in the greater Amherst area who are linked by a common interest in enhancing the quality of life for themselves and their neighbors. Their efforts, aimed at community betterment, include supporting social service, cultural, and educational activities in the area.
The Club meets weekly for luncheon, conversation, and a program, usually a guest speaker. It has other occasional social gatherings. These social events serve to bring together community leaders who might not otherwise come to know one another. Currently, the meetings are Tuesdays (except on the fifth Tuesday of a month) at The Amherst Brewing Company, University Drive, Amherst from 12:15 until 1:30 pm. Guests are welcome at a charge of $14. Lunches are canceled due to snow when Amherst schools are closed.
The Club performs fundraising for local service organizations, in particular via our annual benefit event, the "Spring to Life" Cabaret. We also maintain an endowment fund.
• The Amherst Club welcomes diversity among its members, and encourages civic-minded men and women living or working in the greater Amherst area to join. Members attend weekly luncheon meetings and demonstrate their concern for the community by devoting time and effort to the Club’s endeavors. Especially important is working on Love Notes, the Club’s annual fundraiser.
• Membership inquiries are welcome. Applications for membership are reviewed for approval by the Membership Committee and the Board of Directors.
• Membership dues cover the costs of operating the Club, primarily the Tuesday lunches enjoyed by members. Dues are billed quarterly as follows:
Associate status is an option for members who know that they will be unable to attend Tuesday meetings regularly. Dues for Associate Members include one lunch per quarter. These members attend additional luncheons by paying the guest fee.
If you have a question or a comment about the Amherst Club, please write us at:
or call President Roger Webb at 413-256-8677 or email email@example.com.
We'll reply as soon as possible.
• Host of our weekly meetings: Amherst Brewing Company
• Amherst Regional Public Schools (ARPS)
The Five Colleges
• Amherst College, Amherst, MA
• Hampshire College, Amherst, MA
• University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA
• Smith College, Northampton, MA
• Mount Holyoke College, South Hadley, MA• The Five College Consortium, Amherst, MA
Get to Know More About Amherst
• Amherst Chamber of Commerce
• Amherst League of Women Voters
• Amherst Media (formerly Amherst Community Television: ACTV)